Vonnegut Quotes

Still and all, why bother? Here's my answer. Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.

The year was 2081, and everyone was finally equal.

What is flirtatiousness but an argument that life must go on?

Friday, September 21, 2007

Wilhelm Chapter 4

At this point reading this book wasn't really something I was just doing for class, it was something I was doing because I actually enjoyed reading it!

The book gets infinitely more interesting once Wilhelm starts talking about the students in his class that are having a hard time getting interesting in reading. Chapter four mainly focuses on those students and how he helps them through the use of Drama and acting out scenes from the book. Probably the most helpful thing from this chapter is the large amount of information Wilhelm provides on the different activities he used with his students and the positive reactions he was able to get from some of the more stubborn students. The stories about the kids who "just didn't get it" when reading reminded me a lot of my younger brother, who is going into 5th grade this year. I can tell just from the books I've read with him that this is exactly how he reads, I can see now that he has a big problem visualizing what's going on in the story and for him it's basically just a bunch of words, and I look forward to going home sometime this month and working on some of these techniques with him.

No comments: