Vonnegut Quotes

Still and all, why bother? Here's my answer. Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.

The year was 2081, and everyone was finally equal.

What is flirtatiousness but an argument that life must go on?

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Appleman 8

This is another chapter that I'm going to struggle saying a whole lot about, because well, there wasn't a lot to it. It's the end of the book, barring the appendices that's it, no more, done, finished.

I really liked the idea of the Critical Theory relay, and it and other things brought up in this book have really warmed me to the idea of using some critical theory in the classroom. I know I've said it a few times before but I feel much more excited about teaching now and I think part of that is because I have a much better idea now of the kinds of things I can teach, as well as the things I want to teach.

No comments: